Two models and 20 sizes/keys to choose from!
Our most popular pennywhistles for session playing! All Kelischek models have a curved windway and separate head and body sections. The bore is slightly tapered. We offer 20 sizes of Kelischek model whistles from low -c'- to high -f"-. All Susato whistles can be pitch-adjusted by pulling the joint in or out. The purchase price includes a fingering chart, thumb rest, joint grease and a pouch.
Kelischek Special Edition whistles are a beautiful Camelia color and come in 4- and 5-whistle sets, depending on the keys included. Each set comes with a wooden stand, fingering chart, thumb rest, joint grease, and carrying bag.
Oriole two-piece models have a curved windway and a cylindrical bore. They are available in the keys of -Eb-, -D-, -C- and -Bb-. The purchase price includes a fingering chart, thumb rest and pouch. The ease of response and playability of this whistle is astounding!
Check out our Media Gallery to see and hear Susato Pennywhistles
More about our whistles
Susato whistles are designed by George Kelischek and manufactured in our own shop in Brasstown, North Carolina. Susato whistles feature a number of innovations that add up to create a truly excellent instrument. The whistles are easy to play, with a bright and responsive sound that many professional musicians prefer. Our pennywhistles are played all around the world!
- All models feature a curved wind-way which contributes to a rich, bright sound and easy overblowing into the higher octave.
- Our Susato key system makes longer, lower voiced whistles playable without undue stretch and hand fatigue.
- Oval tone holes are used where those are easier to cover than round holes.
- Customers can purchase economical whistle sets by choosing one head section and multiple bodies.
- Two piece models make transport and storage of longer, lower pitched whistles whistles easier.
- Two piece models allow pitch adjustment by pulling the joint in or out.
- Unlike metal whistles, ABS plastic does not conduct heat as fast as metal and maintains a more stable pitch with temperature changes.
- ABS plastic is highly durable and impervious to moisture.
- Serrated joints on Kelischek models retain joint grease much longer and allow for repeatable fine tuning changes.
- The adjustable snap-on thumbrest can be moved to a preferred position for comfortable playing.